Country Manager DE (m/f/x)Berlin, Land Berlin Apply Requisition Number R0034172 Division StubHub
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
At StubHub, we are:
Owners – We carry the ball. We act as one team, in it together. We live above the line as optimists and with a solution mindset. We are fully accountable for solving problems, both our own pieces and the whole.
Fan First – We are the fans’ biggest fan. We are the fan and the voice of our fans in everything we do.
Driven – We push past the finish line, aggressively prioritize and focus on what matters most. We debate, decide, commit and deliver.
Inventive – We play a new chord; we celebrate progress over perfection and learnings as much as success. We’re agile because there is always more than one way.
Courageous – We take big swings. We show up for challenges with resilience and persistence. We take risks, embrace failure as a path to learning, and speak up when we have a different opinion.
Diverse & Inclusive – We harmonize. We assume positive intent, trust and empower others; bring a global mindset and seek out alternative viewpoints.
W are looking for a Country Manager to be responsible and accountable for StubHub’s business in Germany. In this role you would lead the team in Germany that coordinates strategy, partnerships, business development, inventory acquisition, marketing, analytics and product features to drive both top-line and bottom-line growth.
You will play a meaningful role defining the long-term operating plan for the growth in the German market and be part of a global organization by identifying critical long-term operational and business needs. You will already have good relationships within the industry, but also have a deep business and operational background in running business operations at scale in a managerial capacity. It woudl be great if you also have demonstrated success with innovating and implementing commerce solutions, ideally those focused on ticketing.
Location: Berlin, Germany
Key job responsibilities:
We are seeking someone who will handle all aspects of the German business – including prioritizing marketing plans and strategies, securing inventory at advantageous terms, establishing strategic business opportunities with partners, managing complex real-time commerce operations, and providing clear direction on technology needs to achieve the business goals.
- Key member of StubHub’s International leadership team.
- Collaborate with eBay Inc properties in market with key partnership management.
- Responsible for building and leading an operating team, which will drive the Country P&L.
- Responsible for meeting transactional sales targets for the entire business unit, including partnerships budgets dedicated to partner incentives as well as marketing budgets.
- Ultimately responsible for financial performance for the Country.
- Develop innovative people and models strong leadership for all employees ensuring the organization has the competencies, bandwidth and capability to serve the expanding e-commerce space.
- Defining clear objectives, achievements and measurements for operations, ensuring that these objectives are regionally and globally aligned, customer and partner focused and business driven.
- Identify where we need to innovate as a business to lead the commerce marketplace and challenge the business appropriately to consider new and creative ways to add value to our partners, customers, and partners.
- Participate in the development and execution of strategic plans with the StubHub leadership team.
- Use rigorous logic and methods to solve complex problems and arises at effective solutions. Probes all relevant sources for answers and can get to the root cause of the issue. Looks beyond the obvious and doesn't stop at the first answers.
- Can make decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Attracts, coaches, develops the people to grow in their potential.
- Strong external speaker and able to communicate effectively across Government relations and media.
Education, skills and experience
- BA/BS in an appropriate field is required and MBA is strongly preferred
- Minimum 8 years' managerial experience in music, sports or entertainment ecommerce, and relevant business operations, ideally with 3 years of these as the operational leader of an established, relevant business at a Senior Management level.
- Experience delivering strategic solutions for the highly competitive industries.
- Experience leading and operating a P&L in a global environment.
- Able to drive consistency in leadership, policies and processes across multiple operational units.
- A global business perspective.
- Strong deal-making, business development and partnership background with the proven ability to lead multiple locations.
- Strong operational and process skills that are outcome and performance focused.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and negotiation skills in a sales environment.
- Excellent Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships and to influence peers, managers, business unit leaders and other teams
- Able to travel internationally when required.
- Native/bilingual level German and fluent English language skills.
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.