Senior Engineer ArchitectBilbao, Madrid Apply Requisition Number R0032235 Division StubHub
EMEA Solution Architect
The Principal Engineer & Solution Architect is a senior technologist and an inspiring leader who oversees the site architecture and design, drives the technology vision, roadmap and helps make “build against buy” decisions.
We are looking for an experienced technical leader to help building the next platform generation. Working in conjunction with your counterparts in other delivery centers, you will lead the software development architecture roadmap. You will be a significant evangelist for the latest and most relevant technologies and software engineering best practices, you will mentor leaders of the teams that define and implement software, tools, and processes to run our distributed services.
Your goal will be to drive building the next platform generation leveraging new technology and enabling scale to support our growing business.
You possess experience in delivering large-scale enterprise level solution with a proven ability to motivate technical teams that are innovative, delivery focused, and highly effective.
As EMEA Principal Engineer, you will drive technical innovation across the digital organization. You will solve real world problems by applying your expertise in building distributed systems and state-of-the-art high through put architecture. You will build real-time, highly scalable solutions. You will influence and mentor engineers across the organization and ensure that the highest coding principles and standards are adopted. You will play a key role in the evolution of our next generation platform and digital products in a challenging environment: Large-scale computing, Distributed systems, Web applications, Data mining, Scalability, Security, and Algorithms to name a few. You’ll strive for simplicity, and demonstrate significant creativity and high judgment.
· Design and architect solutions to build and extend upon our highly distributed systems
· Translate the desired business outcome to technical solutions that meet operational and business needs
· Guide the overall design and architecture of our full stack
· Identify new technologies and techniques that can improve our overall platform
· Develop proof of concepts
· Mentor members of the development team to help build effective engineering practices
· Communicate effectively up and down the organization including to LT & executives across the company
· Align Infrastructure strategy and planning with the company's business goals
· Build scalable, reliable, and efficient mechanisms required to meet our rapidly increasing demand for Infrastructure resources
· Provide effective strategy for data collection, establish rational metrics and create a plan to analyze and report on relevant business drivers and KPIs
· Promote a metrics-based software development culture of quality, collaboration, rapid delivery
· Drive building reliable, self-healing services on unreliable hardware
· Design, develop, debug, and operate resilient distributed systems that run across thousands of compute nodes in multiple datacenters
- (10 years) Significant development experience and a bachelor's degree in computer science.
- Proven track record in the successful delivery of rolling out large scale enterprise wide solutions, from design to production.
- Strong customer focus, excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Experience in designing websites and large scale distributed systems.
- Expert in web services and web technology
- Knowledge in technologies such as RESTful APIs, GraphQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, SQL, database design, microservices.
- Knowledge in web security and data encryption.
- Familiar with Linux & Windows applications
- Innovative, creative, flexible, detail oriented and self-directed.
- Ease in designing and writing high-performance, reliable, and maintainable code.
· Proven experience working with Agile software development methodologies (SCRUM, Kanban, XP, etc…)
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.