Business Technology LeadMadrid, Madrid Apply Requisition Number R0031283 Division StubHub
POSITION: Business Technology Lead
ORGANIZATION: StubHub (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s purpose is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the North American ticket resale market in 2000, continues to lead it through innovation, and has now expanded into 48 Markets. The company's unique online marketplace provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally.
Our Mission – To Bring The Joy Of Live To Fans Globally
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
You will be the technology point of contact within the Innovation and new revenue streams department. This role will act as the strategic technology partner to the innovation team, helping to shape new ideas, and actively leading the execution of selected projects. The role also requires active engagement and partnership with business development team to shape and enable new ideas that can quickly be introduced in key markets. The position requires an individual contributor who combines technology expertise with knowledge of the ticketing / entertainment industry to execute end-to-end projects and accelerate business value.
This individual is a creative problem solver who brings forth new ideas, deliver innovation and determine how to best support the innovation team through the effective use of technology. The individual will interface and report into the Head of innovation and New Revenue Streams and collaborate cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Innovation and New Revenue Streams & external vendors/partners to define the best technology strategy & solutions to different projects within the Innovation team.
- Understand external trends, market demand & opportunities, competitors and partners with internal /external product and technology teams when needed to bring new ideas into reality.
- Drive innovative thinking, influence and negotiate with external business and technology partners.
- Defines technology investments for innovation projects and effectively manages investments to deliver maximize value.
- Understands and leverages core internal tech stack and/or external resources and new technologies to drive business value.
- Decide and look for resources externally to develop and execute the project portfolio decided by the Innovation team.
- Support ROI and other financial analysis to support project funding/prioritization.
- Coordinate communications/activities within the innovation team, external vendors and partners.
- Support the definition of requirements, how to best address ideas/business problems and help find the best tech solutions.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree is required, preferably in Engineering, IT or Business.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant Business & technology experience including managing a technology operation/business unit or similar experience. Experience in fast-paced environment and/or start-ups a big plus.
- Knowledge of new technology trends.
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology in solving business problems.
- Able to represent customers/users & can translate business/industry needs into technology solutions.
- Ability to influence and negotiate with external business and technology partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, passionate, motivated and team-oriented.
- Able to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- Experience working and partnering with external technology vendors and service providers.
- Driven, comfortable with ambiguity & change and ability to solve problems with optimism and strong dedication.
Affirmative action and equal opportunity employer
Here at eBay, we love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely different backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unrivaled self to work. To learn about eBay’s Diversity and Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.