Cloud BI Data EngineerSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0031944 Division StubHub
Position: Cloud BI Data Engineer
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you will shape the future of global commerce? Want to influence how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
- StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
- At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
- Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub.
StubHub is looking for a brilliant Cloud BI Data Engineer to be part of a small, self-driven team that is building an enterprise-level suite of custom analytics tools.
The Reporting Team at StubHub is tasked with supporting the global enterprise in all facets of the data supply chain involving data consumption, business intelligence and analysis. Our team creates value for StubHub by empowering decision-making at all levels of the business, enabling our end-users to access accurate, relevant, actionable data. Working closely with our partners within the business- including Marketing, Business Ops, Partnerships, Product, Finance and Customer Service- we address nuances in data by gaining a deep understanding of the underlying data and then building custom software, data visualization and reporting to address those needs. We strive to work at scale as a small team by constantly innovating and building new products to satisfy our partners’ needs for novel data solutions. As our global business continues to grow, we're looking for another full-time, peer team member to help us advance our most important BI projects forward.
• Cloud platforms: Well-versed in Google Cloud Platform solutions, architecture, related technologies and their interdependencies (especially Dataflow and Big Query)
• Technical problem-solving: Research, analyze, recommend and select technical approaches for solving difficult and challenging development and integration problems
• Data infrastructure/Data pipelining: Background with setting up and operating data pipelines and data wrangling procedures using Python and/or SQL. Design, implement and support a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large datasets
• SQL: Extensive experience transforming underlying data into functional data sets in order to generate meaningful insights
• Collaborative: Working directly with business users to set priorities, manage expectations, execute efficiently and gather feedback. Be a proactive partner to our end-users within the business by communicating effectively and gaining a deep understanding of requirements.
• Highly driven: Self-motivated to explore new technologies and learning new skills to build a personal brand based on reliability and competency.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.