Cloud Security ArchitectSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0036181 Division StubHub
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
At StubHub, we are:
Owners – We carry the ball. We act as one team, in it together. We live above the line as optimists and with a solution mindset. We are fully accountable for solving problems, both our own pieces and the whole.
Fan First – We are the fans’ biggest fan. We are the fan and the voice of our fans in everything we do.
Driven – We push past the finish line, aggressively prioritize and focus on what matters most. We debate, decide, commit and deliver.
Inventive – We play a new chord; we celebrate progress over perfection and learnings as much as success. We’re agile because there is always more than one way.
Courageous – We take big swings. We show up for challenges with resilience and persistence. We take risks, embrace failure as a path to learning, and speak up when we have a different opinion.
Diverse & Inclusive – We harmonize. We assume positive intent, trust and empower others; bring a global mindset and seek out alternative viewpoints.
- This position is a senior individual contributor role in our Application Security team. The team delivers application security frameworks and general framework guidance for StubHub.
- You will be developing security software for StubHub’s Cloud, and providing the next generation of real time Application security software to protect the StubHub site from attacks.
- The position requires good understanding of architecture, design and coding in multiple application security platforms and framework functions.
- Successful candidates will be familiar with delivering application security solutions on platforms transitioning to host-based security with Layer 7 encryptions from firewall based protections.
- Lead cross functional teams to complete projects and major initiatives using judgment and growing experience. Collaborate with Cloud, IT, Engineering, and Operations architects to understand the solution architecture and then fully articulate the security design of the platform.
- Conduct application development and deployment methodologies, processes, and testing automation. Develop policy and operational processes to insure high availability and service of entire technology stack, from front-end web traffic to back-end big-data infrastructure.
- Help to design and build distributed systems and reliable, fault tolerant software.
- Help to design and build HA production-grade solutions on virtualized and cloud based environments.
- Work in a team environment.
- Master’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or closely related quantitative discipline and seven (7) years of large scale, full life cycle development experience (if Masters in Engineering) or 9 + years (if Bachelors in Engineering), preferably 3+ years as a lead engineer.
- 3 + years in Java programming implementing large scale, high availability, fault-tolerant web infrastructure, with clear concept of concurrency in Java, Java security APIs, features and performance
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressured environment and crisis situations.
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects at once and drive for results independently.
- Java, Python, NodeJS, Spring, Apache, Tomcat, JSON, XML, and JBoss
- Open Source PaaS frameworks such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Cloudify or OpenShift
- GCP, AWS and Azure cloud services such as Openstack and KVM
- VMWare, Hyper-V, Docker, Kubernetes
- The application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
- SD Elements, Checkmarx Static Scanner, AquaSec Docker Container Scanner, Synopsis Seeker IAST OWASP Vulnerability Validation Suite, and Qualys Vulnerability Scanner
- Deployment and Management, CI/CD integration, Jenkins, Concourse, and BOSH
- Strong understanding of application security patterns including web application security (OWASP top 10, XSS, injection vulnerabilities, CSRF, platform security hardening), and mobile security (device fingerprinting, Mobile authentication and key exchange) strategies.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends in security technology
- Expertise in developing and implementing one or more of the following: Identity and Access Management, SSO, SAML, Open ID, OAuth2 or 2FA technologies.
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.