Director, Financial Planning & AnalysisSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0031806 Division StubHub
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
To strengthen our StubHub Finance team, we are seeking a special finance professional to lead our 3-person Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team, which is responsible for developing and leading all planning, forecasting and reporting processes at StubHub. It is also responsible for supporting business leadership with insightful analysis to evaluate business performance, enable strategic decision-making and support related internal & external communication.
This role offers a unique opportunity to learn about StubHub and the Live-event industry, impact the future of the business and build relationships with finance and business leaders across StubHub & eBay Inc.
The role is based in StubHub’s San Francisco headquarters and will report directly to the CFO.
- Lead all planning, forecasting and reporting processes across StubHub Globally – both long-term and short-term, including but not limited to Monthly Forecasts, Annual Budget & Annual 3 yr Strategic Business outlook.
- Support the StubHub executive leadership team in assessment and communication of business performance, trends and strategic trade-offs internally at StubHub but also with other partners such as ebay Corporate Finance and Investor Relations.
- Provide thought leadership on financial architecture and clarity to management on the direction of the business in terms of Ticket Sales, Revenues, Resource allocations and Expense profile.
- Support longer-term strategic planning and influence business leadership and Finance teams to generate financial forecasts that are challenging but achievable.
- Govern and facilitate compliance and high-quality execution with overall corporate finance timelines and processes as well as leading the accuracy & consistency of all external reporting and analyses.
- Partner with the ebay and StubHub Data and Finance Technology teams to design and improve finance reporting tools & solutions.
- Work with global cross functional teams on ad-hoc business projects – lead such efforts when appropriate.
- Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on teamwork, initiative and integrity.
- Consistent track record working effectively with senior, mid-level and junior colleagues to get results across a broad organization and diverse set of businesses. You should have the confidence, social awareness, and poise to work effectively with business and finance leaders, internally and externally.
- Highly analytical, strategic, and detail-oriented, with a commitment to excellence and a passion for understanding the business.
- High energy and superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a demanding environment.
- Superior communication skills – verbal, written & presentation skills. Ability to transition seamlessly from complex analyses to simple/precise business implications.
- You will see yourself as a business driver who expects to be accountable for business, financial and metrics goals and will thrive by demonstrating the creativity, agility and business partnership that is required to achieve them.
- A global mindset and ability to work effectively with people and teams from various cultures and time zones.
- Ability to identify and take on critical projects, as well as lead multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic/changing environment.
- Possessing good judgment and mature decision-making skills. Respectful yet assertive, with an ability to push back when needed and to know when to follow up.
- Hands-on, resourceful and a doer. Able to work autonomously but also operate as part of a strong, cohesive team.
- Highly developed ability to receive and give feedback as well as to set priorities in a complex team and work environment (functional and regional reporting lines).
- Having a personality that people warm to and a sense of humor built on a foundation of personal integrity, humility and an appreciation for the power of team-work.
- Ideally you are a passionate fan of live entertainment.
Desired skills & experiences:
- 12+ years of a solid progression in finance leadership roles with a bias towards quantitative analysis and Financial Planning & Analysis.
- MBA or other relevant advanced degree from a top tier school, or a bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting/economics from a top tier university combined with an impressive track record preferred.
- A multinational, publicly listed company background from an organization with a highly regarded finance team is important. The ideal candidate will however combine experience in a larger company with experience in a smaller, more nimble organization with broad exposure.
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.