Director, Global Workplace ResourcesSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0036394 Division StubHub
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
At StubHub, we are:
Owners – We carry the ball. We act as one team, in it together. We live above the line as optimists and with a solution mindset. We are fully accountable for solving problems, both our own pieces and the whole.
Fan First – We are the fans’ biggest fan. We are the fan and the voice of our fans in everything we do.
Driven – We push past the finish line, aggressively prioritize and focus on what matters most. We debate, decide, commit and deliver.
Inventive – We play a new chord; we celebrate progress over perfection and learnings as much as success. We’re agile because there is always more than one way.
Courageous – We take big swings. We show up for challenges with resilience and persistence. We take risks, embrace failure as a path to learning, and speak up when we have a different opinion.
Diverse & Inclusive – We harmonize. We assume positive intent, trust and empower others; bring a global mindset and seek out alternative viewpoints.
StubHub is conducting a search for a Director, Global Workplace Resources to manage a Portfolio consisting of 30 locations, ~250,000 sq ft, in 16 countries supporting over 1,700 employees with the largest concentration of employees at StubHub in San Francisco, California: 140,000 sq ft and accommodating over 570 employees.
The Executive Leadership of StubHub has made a clear commitment to offer high quality employee services and amenities and is making significant investments to continue the transformation of the employee experience and workplace globally. We are now looking for a Global Director to lead all aspects of the Planning, EHS, permitting and compliance, acquisitions, design & construction, security and oversee day to day running of the StubHub global facility portfolio leading the Workplace Resources Team, comprising full-time employees and outsourced personnel. This is a great opportunity to make a real difference in our employee experience.
- Oversee the day to day running of our global facility operations including: facility management, office services, health & safety as well as the project management design and construction projects.
- Plan, submit, review and manage the global facility expense and capital budget for the company.
- Lead Strategic Facility and Space Planning and understand regional business strategies and translate them to space needs and facility operational requirements, providing quality facility services proactively.
- Liase with key partners across the company (Security, HR, Finance, IT, Procurement, Legal, Diversity & Inclusion) to ensure that the goals and objectives of Workplace Resources are achieved.
- Proactively identify and recommend initiatives that focus on service improvements, cost reductions, quality improvements, risk mitigation, industry trends and other relevant factors that affect workplace effectiveness (BMS, lighting, HVAC, furniture, etc).
- Oversee the efficient delivery of facility services, considering the following as performance measures: quality, cost and timeliness.
- Communicate with internal partners & leaders to ensure alignment and smooth execution of facility projects on time and within budget.
- Develop & implement standardized/best in class facility management processes to create long term efficiencies.
- Partner with the environmental goals of StubHub providing energy data and ensuring a focus on the environmental standards of our global facilities.
- Ensure a managed approach to receive & resolve workplace maintenance & service requests and feedback.
- Travel to global facility locations (approximately 25%of the time), raising the profile of StubHub Workplace Resources to employees and senior management.
- A positive energized teammate with a proven commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- Great interpersonal communication skills, an enthusiastic and dynamic teammate, with a positive and "can do” attitude to get the job done.
- Ability to collaborate, partner and “work through others”.
- Extensive management experience in the following: Real Estate, Design & Construction, running global facilities, staff development, outsourcing and contractor management, building maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge of financial management practices and budget planning procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership experience including managing local and non-local teams, leading change management, and managing crisis situations (i.e. Business Continuity).
- Demonstrated success building global teams and managing across multiple locations and diverse cultures.
- Proven ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior management, managers, customers, suppliers and contractors.
- Demonstrated skill delivering strategic approaches, with agile execution while supporting growth.
- Demonstrated skill at delivering to performance objectives, for scope, schedule and cost.
- Ability to respond to sensitive issues and work with senior leaders.
- Substantial staff management experience (performance & development) is absolutely required including working with remote teams across regions/time zones.
- Communication: demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in verbal and written form, especially in remote management situations.
- Interpersonal: demonstrated ability to listen to others to understand their perspectives, to define and communicate objectives and programs effectively, and persuade vendors and contractors to perform to meet commitments.
- A persuasive, credible and timely communicator who earns the trust of colleagues and senior management.
- Exceptional negotiator: experienced in a variety of services & contract types.
- BA/BS degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Architecture, Design or Business
- 12+ years of corporate facility management experience with 7+ years of experience at management level preferably for a technology company
- Minimum of 7+ years of direct staff management experience and management of outsourced service providers in a fast-paced, technology focused office environment.
- Global Experience required
- MBA and second language useful
- Facilities certification (CFM, IFMA credentials, PMP certification)
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.