Global Head of Payments, Trust & PolicySan Francisco, California, Draper, Utah Apply Requisition Number R0032030 Division StubHub
POSITION: Senior Director, Global Head of Payments, Trust & Policy
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists, and introduce them to the ones they’ll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android.
Offering a premier fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA. In May of 2016, StubHub expanded into more than 40 additional markets with the acquisition of Ticketbis.
Are you interested in joining a company that is dedicated to providing an extraordinary fan experience? Do you think strategically about growing the trust and payments in a multi-billion dollar ecosystem? Are you a passionate fan, who cares deeply about live experiences for yourself and your customers?
StubHub's Global Trust, Payments and Policy team is responsible for minimizing adverse experiences for our customers, marketplace, and non-customers alike. We ensure fans everywhere can trust the StubHub marketplace. We need some help to manage this more efficiently, so we’re seeking an executive to lead this critical department. This role will lead all facets of Global Trust, Payments, and Policy.
What we’ll ask of you:
You will be the global leader of 190+ direct and indirect professionals, from hourly work staff through senior managers. You'll deliver executive leadership and strategy for this global team, balancing risk controls and fan experience. You think about every facet of our business, considering the voice of the customer, voice of the business, and global buyer & seller models.
Your strategic priorities will include:
- Designing and leading the execution of all facets of risk management: operational, financial, reputational.
- Using your deep understanding of risk principles to be the subject matter expert to the Leadership Team. You will evangelize for a best in class risk organization, and build critical partnerships with all aspects of the business.
- Acting as the ‘connective tissue’ ensuring that the evolutionary development of current product capabilities complements the future roadmap in both the product and business.
- Being an extraordinary culture leader, advocating for the customer in all areas.
- Leading globally with the goal of building an outstanding leadership team that will propel global capabilities.
- Owning and driving a global risk management product and engineering roadmap.
- Crafting a process excellence mentality that allows the business to scale without people-intensive solutions.
You should already:
- Understand and be able to lead multiple facets of operations and strategy. This includes policy creations that drives specific outcomes by customers and align with business goals, payment functions, legal tolerances, global marketplaces, queue operations, product functionality. You will also consider global legal implications as we continue to develop our product and business.
- Be an authority on transactional risk management with an understanding of performance measurement techniques. You will incorporate best practices based on your experience and the nature of StubHub’s business model.
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to translate complex quantitative information into an easily understood format
- Possess executive presence, working as an excellent people coach by demonstrating our values and culture in all that you do.
We’d like to see:
- 15+ years of experience in operational leadership at progressively higher levels of responsibility leading global functions, product engagement, with business wide financial goals
- Executive level presence in decision-making and proscribing a direction at the senior executive level, demonstrated ability to forge strong working relationships and build consensus at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated knowledge in decision analysis techniques and comfort with handling issues involving risk and uncertainty.
- A flair for leadership, with the ability to inspire, while you build world class leadership teams, functions, and operations.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.