Lead Analyst, Marketing AnalyticsSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0028118 Division StubHub
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
At StubHub, we are:
Owners – We carry the ball. We act as one team, in it together. We live above the line as optimists and with a solution mindset. We are fully accountable for solving problems, both our own pieces and the whole.
Fan First – We are the fans’ biggest fan. We are the fan and the voice of our fans in everything we do.
Driven – We push past the finish line, aggressively prioritize and focus on what matters most. We debate, decide, commit and deliver.
Inventive – We play a new chord; we celebrate progress over perfection and learnings as much as success. We’re agile because there is always more than one way.
Courageous – We take big swings. We show up for challenges with resilience and persistence. We take risks, embrace failure as a path to learning, and speak up when we have a different opinion.
Diverse & Inclusive – We harmonize. We assume positive intent, trust and empower others; bring a global mindset and seek out alternative viewpoints.
As the Lead Analyst in the Marketing Analytics organization you will join forces with the Head of Marketing Analytics to implement and unlock opportunities that will get results at scale across Search, Display and App marketing channels. You will be responsible for describing return on investment through evolving our A/B test practices and performance reporting. Your business partners will belong to a high functioning cooperative of portfolio managers, data warehouse engineers and data scientists. The role reports to the Head of Marketing Analytics and will have NO people management responsibilities in the immediate future.
The ideal candidate combines outstanding eye for business and communication skills with excellent quant skills, and particular experience applying experimental design and statistical inference to measure incremental campaign performance. He/she will have a passion for data democratization and will drive towards continuous improvement in the area of performance reporting. This role will be pivotal to shaping and achieving our global growth strategy.
- Working side-by-side with the channel managers, advise on optimization strategy, accurately sizing opportunities, and seeking improved methods for assessing the value of marketing innovations.
- Evolve and accelerate measurement practices, including novel test designs that ensure incremental findings and modern sampling procedures to streamline results generation.
- Lead by example to build a culture of accountability and rigor to substantiate proven business impact.
- Support the build-out of performance reporting dashboards that scales with our growing global business. Work through tagging and data integrity issues with cross functional partners in Engineering and Channel teams.
- Bring clarity to critical metrics, performance drivers, and competitive trends.
- Advise in areas of forecasting, budgeting, and goal setting.
- Must have extensive experience in Marketing Analytics tools; Doubleclick, Adwords, Bing Ads, Omniture, Google Analytics, DCM, App marketing
- Fluency in web analytics and pixel implementations.
- SQL and Hive fluency. Experience with R/Python is highly desired
- Demonstrably strong communication skills: truly knows what it means to assemble a story from data and can easily explain how and demonstrate it. Strong listening skills as well as the skills to persuade particularly based on evidence
- Thorough experience designing and analyzing experiments across a variety of marketing channels, and statistical protocols
- Exceptional communication skills
- Experience with App e-commerce and tracking
- 5+ years in performance marketing analytics roles.
- At least 4 of those years in each of SEM, Display, Paid Social and Analytics.
- Experience with App marketing tracking and performance analytics
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative discipline, e.g., Math, Statistics, Physics, Operations Research, Economics, CS, etc., from a top tier school. Strong preference for candidates with advanced degrees in the same disciplines.
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.