Lead iOS EngineerSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0028218 Division StubHub
Job ID: R0028218
Position: Lead iOS Engineer (MTS 2)
Organization: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
As the Lead iOS Engineer, you will be responsible for the ownership and evolution of our native technology stack. As the Lead iOS Engineer, you will work closely with other engineering, design, and product management teams, to both deliver on the roadmap and our plan for the future. You will own and evolve the native mobile technology architecture. Success in this area means making the right decisions that are both what’s best for the long-term health of our applications and what’s best for the customer. You will be working on high-volume applications that power the StubHub marketplace and leading high performing teams to build an engaging selling experience for millions of customers daily and generating billions of dollars in annual revenue. You are a huge proponent of Test Driven Development, and will advocate and hold engineers accountable for following this pattern rigorously.
- Lead a team of 5-8 iOS engineers working on StubHub mobile application
- Work with key partners in the PM, Design and Engineering Managers to architect simple, reliable and elegant iOS applications
- Provide technical guidance, mentorship, and assistance to the team, to build multi-tier scalable, performant and reliable applications that operate 24x7
- Make appropriate product and business trade-offs and give technology direction that leads to measurable product and business outcomes
- Execute to success through diligent planning, attention to detail, effective delegation and efficient decision-making.
- Mentor exceptional talent at IC level
- Be a culture champion on the team and across the company
- 5+ years of work experience in software design and development, with 3+ years in mobile application development
- Strong iOS programming skills, Android a bonus. Deep understanding of the iOS SDK
- Experience and in build products with full stack technologies, with excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with agile development methodologies with Test Driven Development (TDD) and CD (Continuous delivery)
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong people management skills, that includes the ability to coach and mentor engineers of all skill levels
- Consistently made culture choices that positively impact all of engineering
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or related discipline.
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
- StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
- At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
- Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub.
is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.