Senior Data ScientistSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0036353 Division StubHub
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
At StubHub, we are:
Owners – We carry the ball. We act as one team, in it together. We live above the line as optimists and with a solution mindset. We are fully accountable for solving problems, both our own pieces and the whole.
Fan First – We are the fans’ biggest fan. We are the fan and the voice of our fans in everything we do.
Driven – We push past the finish line, aggressively prioritize and focus on what matters most. We debate, decide, commit and deliver.
Inventive – We play a new chord; we celebrate progress over perfection and learnings as much as success. We’re agile because there is always more than one way.
Courageous – We take big swings. We show up for challenges with resilience and persistence. We take risks, embrace failure as a path to learning, and speak up when we have a different opinion.
Diverse & Inclusive – We harmonize. We assume positive intent, trust and empower others; bring a global mindset and seek out alternative viewpoints.
We are seeking a creative Data Scientist with expertise in machine learning, statistical modeling and software development to research, build and bring to production models that will delight our fans by helping them buy and sell the best tickets at the right price at the right time.
Your work will have a direct impact on StubHub’s bottom line and on the efficiency of the markets on its platform. You will have access to the rich data set of the world’s largest dynamically priced ticketing marketplace. You will uncover hidden signals in the data that drive the models you build to describe customer behavior, predict market trends, quantify risk and provide customers with tools that help them see their favorite performers at the best price and sell their tickets effortlessly when they can’t go.
Our Marketplace Intelligence Data Science team is a small team of outstanding scientists and engineers based in StubHub's San Francisco headquarters. We work closely with other teams in the company to establish business goals, to incorporate existing insights into our algorithms, to uncover new opportunities for optimizing the business and to establish rigorous methods for gauging performance.
- Create algorithms that can effectively manage and price perishable inventory across multiple dynamic marketplaces.
- Own your models from initial research all the way to production.
- Mine our rich data set to discover customer behavior trends and market dynamics.
- Collaborate with teams throughout the business deploy your models effectively.
- Design experiments to test and measure the performance of the models you build.
- Inspire your teammates with your knowledge of machine learning and your application of modern software development techniques.
- Use state of the art big data and software tools in a distributed / cloud computing environment, particularly TensorFlow.
- Frame complicated problems in simple terms and enjoy clarifying sophisticated solutions.
- Bring a passion for discovery, problem solving and groundbreaking technology.
- Accomplished. Earned a graduate degree in Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, Physics or equivalent quantitative field.
- Creative. Known for coming up with different ways of looking at problems and for investigating the latest advancements in the field.
- Technical. Familiar with modern machine learning techniques and passionate about embracing new tools.
- Knowledgeable. Have significant experience with machine learning, algorithms and software development.
- Motivated. Want to help customers build a cherished memory of an amazing live event.
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.