Senior Manager, Business DevelopmentSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0035453 Division StubHub
POSITION: Senior Business Development Manager
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub’s mission is to connect people through inspiring event experiences. We are the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
At StubHub, we are:
Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
Brand – We experience the world through StubHub
We are seeking a senior business development manager to partner with a core team to establish strategic partnerships that focus on bottom funnel growth through adjacencies and ancillary revenue opportunities.
The Senior Business Development Manager will be based in San Francisco, CA and will report into the Head of Global Operations & Strategy.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partnering with critical team members to build and manage a portfolio of business development partnerships with companies in commerce (including merchandise, ticketing, etc.), events, and mobile services industries.
- Be involved in core aspects of partnership deals, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, due diligence and closing & integration activities.
- Take part in sourcing of corporate development deals globally.
- Drive the execution of distributed commerce partnerships across the organization.
- Coordinate across cross-functional teams within StubHub and if needed, serve as a primary point of contact with key prospects and partners for global commerce and distribution.
- Work with team to identify and leverage senior executive relationships to uncover strategic opportunities and alliances that extend StubHub’s businesses into new revenue streams.
- Work with others to develop economic models and targets for revenue share as well as fee-based solutions.
- Evaluate and assign priority and sequencing for key deals with key team members.
- Position and articulate StubHub’s positioning with key external strategic partners.
- Act as critical member of a high-performing team that competes and wins together.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 7+ years of business development experience in a consumer-related Internet company with a strong preference towards someone with experience in sports, entertainment, music or ecommerce
- Bachelor’s degree in business or relevant field preferred
- Experience in executing strategic partnerships with commerce businesses, mobile platforms, and other technology platforms
- Experience on teams responsible for structuring deals with venture funded startups as well as top media companies
- Blend of analytical intelligence and creative vision
- Demonstrated acumen in negotiating and closing deals globally
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to craft agreements that maximize ROI
- Acute understanding of the scope, size and connection between digital goods monetization strategies
- Strong network of relationships within digital goods including book publishers, music publishers, video publishers, game publishers, and mobile platforms.
- Experience in both larger companies and startups is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit with relentless push to advance the cause of progress
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.