Senior User Experience ResearcherSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0033530 Division StubHub
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
At StubHub, we are:
Owners – We carry the ball. We act as one team, in it together. We live above the line as optimists and with a solution mindset. We are fully accountable for solving problems, both our own pieces and the whole.
Fan First – We are the fans’ biggest fan. We are the fan and the voice of our fans in everything we do.
Driven – We push past the finish line, aggressively prioritize and focus on what matters most. We debate, decide, commit and deliver.
Inventive – We play a new chord; we celebrate progress over perfection and learnings as much as success. We’re agile because there is always more than one way.
Courageous – We take big swings. We show up for challenges with resilience and persistence. We take risks, embrace failure as a path to learning, and speak up when we have a different opinion.
Diverse & Inclusive – We harmonize. We assume positive intent, trust and empower others; bring a global mindset and seek out alternative viewpoints.
You love working with other experts to help create elegant solutions to tough problems. You are observant, curious, and passionate about building the best possible experience for our customers. Senior user researchers at Stubhub have great opportunity to help impact the direction of the product and research processes.
The Senior User Researcher will act as a player-coach, supporting cross-functional teams while also pathing strategic opportunities for short-term and long-term research.
The Senior User Researcher is responsible for designing, planning and conducting user research, including methods such as: usability lab studies, ethnographic field studies, remote testing, competitive evaluations, participatory design sessions, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and other approaches based on need.
The Senior User Researcher converts research findings into actionable next steps and helps drive continued research for cross-functional teams.
In addition to custom research, the Senior User Researcher knows how to leverage existing data and metrics to build a holistic picture and meaningful recommendation for product-improvement.
- Employ a mixed-methods approach to gathering both generative and evaluative feedback on designs and concepts. Methods may include: heuristic evaluations ethnography, field studies, surveys, participatory design, experience mapping, usability tests, card sorting, moderated and unmoderated remote testing, in-depth user interviews, as well as stakeholder interviews.
- Triage and evaluate incoming requests, identify complex user experience problems and high-impact projects, and delivery findings in time for them to be useful and relevant.
- Manage research from kick-off and recruitment to effective communication of the synthesized findings to stakeholders.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts and persuasively to cross-functional teams
- Aligns and collaborates with analytics and consumer insights teams to tell a cohesive story about our users.
- Facilitate and help shape the research process
- Identify opportunities for research to have greater impact across product teams and throughout the organization
- Act as an internal evangelist for design and user research
- Ability to manage through ambiguity, work autonomously & multitask in a fast paced environment
- Understand product roadmaps and be able to translate them into long-term and short-term research plans
- Provide mentorship to more junior user researchers on the team as they support collaborative research efforts and execute independent projects
- 7+ years of practical experience in applied research setting.
- Advanced Degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field.
- Expertise in, and knowing when to apply the range of research methods with experience with collecting and reporting quantitative measurements.
- Practical experience in deploying qualitative and quantitative research methods throughout the product development life cycle from conceptualization to launch.
- Able to support findings and recommendations with design, usability, and cognitive principles.
- Must be organized, able to act independently and able to switch between projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- International and eCommerce experience a plus.
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.