Software Engineer, AndroidSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0037129 Division StubHub
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
At StubHub, we are:
Owners We carry the ball. We act as one team, in it together. We live above the line as optimists and with a solution mindset. We are fully accountable for solving problems, both our own pieces and the whole.
Fan First We are the fans’ biggest fan. We are the fan and the voice of our fans in everything we do.
Driven We push past the finish line, aggressively prioritize and focus on what matters most. We debate, decide, commit and deliver.
Inventive We play a new chord; we celebrate progress over perfection and learnings as much as success. We’re agile because there is always more than one way.
Courageous We take big swings. We show up for challenges with resilience and persistence. We take risks, embrace failure as a path to learning, and speak up when we have a different opinion.
Diverse and Inclusive We harmonize. We assume positive intent, trust and empower others; bring a global mindset and seek out alternative viewpoints.
As a software engineer for the Android team at StubHub, you will be working on code behind delivering the best buyer experience used by millions of fans every day. We're looking for talented engineers to make sure every one of those experiences is magical. You’ll get to move quickly, iterate via experimentation, and work autonomously while making an impact at massive scale.
We build apps used by millions of people, and we take great pride in our work. This means excellent development practices, careful code architecture, and an organization built around rapid releases.
The candidates we’re looking for are both humble and fearless. Engineers on this team are responsible for everything that happens within Android experience right from the time the app is installed.
- Build new products and features into the StubHub ecosystem by delivering consistently high-quality software with your team.
- Create technical designs in response to business requirements.
- Communicate and influence effectively with tech and non-tech partners.
- Make appropriate product and business trade-offs and give technology direction that leads to measurable product and business outcomes.
- Experience building products with Java/Kotlin and the Android SDK, with an excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms.
- Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services, accessing various data storage.
- An ownership mindset from the whiteboard to production, we own the systems and features we’re building.
- Shipped Android apps, ideally available on Google Play.
- A passion for building products you care as much about what you’re building as how you’re building it.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel StubHub is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
StubHub is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.