Software Engineer, Full Stack InnovationSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0037082 Division StubHub
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
At StubHub, we are:
Owners – We carry the ball. We act as one team, in it together. We live above the line as optimists and with a solution mindset. We are fully accountable for solving problems, both our own pieces and the whole.
Fan First – We are the fans’ biggest fan. We are the fan and the voice of our fans in everything we do.
Driven – We push past the finish line, aggressively prioritize and focus on what matters most. We debate, decide, commit and deliver.
Inventive – We play a new chord; we celebrate progress over perfection and learnings as much as success. We’re agile because there is always more than one way.
Courageous – We take big swings. We show up for challenges with resilience and persistence. We take risks, embrace failure as a path to learning, and speak up when we have a different opinion.
Diverse & Inclusive – We harmonize. We assume positive intent, trust and empower others; bring a global mindset and seek out alternative viewpoints.
As a software engineer for the Incubation team at StubHub, you will be responsible for building and launching products and features that meaningfully move the needle on StubHub’s growth. You’ll get to move quickly, iterate via experimentation, and work autonomously while making an impact at massive scale. While working with members of the core Incubation team, you will frequently be embedded with the teams from various product areas to accelerate the development of the products and features we’re incubating.
The ideal candidate is someone who’s product driven. While you care deeply about crafting clean, extensible code or are an advocate for test driven development, it’s all in service of creating software that people use. In the end what matters to you most is working with a strong team to build great software that delights customers.
The candidates we’re looking for are both humble and fearless. Engineers on this team will need to work across multiple product areas. You will frequently not be the expert in the area in which you’re working. You’ll need to take the guidance from those more knowledgeable than you in these areas and use it to create the products and features whose requirements you’ll be closest to.
- Build new products and features into the StubHub ecosystem by delivering consistently high-quality software with your team
- Create technical designs in response to business requirements
- Communicate and influence effectively with tech and non-tech partners
- Make appropriate product and business trade-offs and give technology direction that leads to measurable product and business outcomes
- Experience building products as a full-stack web developer. You may lean more towards the frontend or towards the backend but you've done work in each
- An excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
- An ownership mindset – from the whiteboard to production, we own the systems and features we’re building.
- A passion for building products – you care as much about what you’re building as how you’re building it.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with agile development methodologies such as Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Delivery (CD).
- Prior working experience building production software.
- Experience building cloud-based software on Google Cloud, AWS or similar platforms.
- Experience implementing visual designs into usable software
- Experience in writing tests, or a willingness to learn.
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel StubHub is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
StubHub is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.