Software Engineer, T&S DeveloperSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0032031 Division StubHub
JOB ID: R0032031
POSITION: Software Engineer
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you will shape the future of global commerce? Want to influence how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
StubHub is the world's largest ticket marketplace, enabling fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of sports, concert, theater and other live entertainment events. StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. The company's unique online marketplace, dedicated solely to tickets, provides all fans the choice to buy or sell their tickets in a safe, convenient and highly reliable environment. All transactions are processed and delivered by StubHub and backed by the company's FanProtect Guarantee™ processing a ticket every second today with billions of ticket sales each year globally. Company partners MLB, AEG, ESPN and many leading teams such as the San Francisco Giants and University of Texas, along with over 60 other teams in MLB, NBA, NHL and NCAA.
- StubHub One – We act as one team in pursuit of connecting people through inspiring event experiences.
- At StubHub, we are:
- Driven – We strive for excellence – constantly improving our game
- Courageous – We are bold & not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Inventive – We see what others don’t & pioneer new paths
- Richly Diverse – We recognize & respect everyone as a unique individual
- Brand – We experience the world through StubHub.
- Participate in business opportunity assessment, business use case analysis, determining current/future scope and technology impact.
- Display strong technical and business acumen, coupled with the ability to communicate findings, approach and progress to both business and IT leaders.
- Write high-quality, scalable, maintainable REST services and applications using Object Oriented Programming practices and design patterns.
- Responsible for designing and documenting service contract for multiple client applications.
- Ensure architectural adherence through blueprint and design reviews
- Participate in the full Software Development Life Cycle (Agile/Scrum), iterative development, estimations and design sessions
- Work closely with Product Managers, Software Engineers, Operations, and Quality Assurance Engineers in a collaborative environment to provide quality software and solutions.
- Mentoring, training and assisting fellow developers during development phase
- Facilitate technical handover meetings and information exchange
- 5 to 8 years of experience with web development in Java environment (J2EE)
- Experience with building and consuming REST APIs and service-based architectures.
- Experience writing multi-threaded, scalable applications
- Good understanding of web technologies, network protocols and secure solution
- Experience with Spring/Hibernate/Relational Databases and NoSQL Databases
- Ability to drive architecture and design discussions
- Experience with performance tuning and analysis tools.
- Strong communication skills; attention to detail and discipline
- Excellent software engineering habits: object oriented design, unit testing, integration testing, data structures etc.
- Proven ability to effectively work in an agile methodology within a scrum team
- Ideal: Experience leading medium to large-sized development/Implement projects that follow an Agile methodology.
- Prefer proven experience developing transactional, eCommerce, hosted web applications
Nice to have:
- 10+ years software development experience
- 7+ years of design and implementation of Java applications (J2EE)
- Experience with Java frameworks (e.g Spring, Hibernate), SQL and source code management (GitHub)
- BSCS/EE +10 years or MS +7 years
- Experience in Selenium (test platform), and QA experience are ideal.
- Domain experience with Finance, Customer Service, and Technical Operations are a plus
Affirmative action and equal opportunity employer
StubHub is a Subsidiary of eBay.
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants with relevant experience will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
StubHub is a Subsidiary of eBay.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.