Sr. Director Performance MarketingSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0034543 Division StubHub
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
The Senior Director of Performance Marketing is an executive leadership role responsible for sizeable revenue and operating income for a multi-billion dollar company in 40+ markets globally and is pivotal to the growth marketing. As the head of performance marketing, you will be responsible for all paid and organic channels including search, social, display, programmatic, affiliate and mobile marketing. You will use these channels to drive the acquisition, retention and revenue goals for the company.
As key initiative for StubHub, you will collaborate directly with the executive leadership team to set strategy to achieve the company’s growth goals.
We are looking for a candidate with a global mindset who aspires consistency in process but also open to a custom execution model based on local business need. This is a fast pace role with a very high bar for omni-channel execution & digital expertise.
We have built a strong team of passionate authorities and are looking for an experienced team leader with a passion for individual coaching and mentorship and creating a culture of mutual support, innovation, and analytical rigor. Additionally, passion for sports and/or concerts and an understanding of what it means to be a fan is key.
So if you are a business athlete with strong digital prowess, ready to roll-up-your-sleeves and your team loves you, we’d love to hear from you.
This role reports directly to StubHub’s Chief Marketing Officer – Olivier Ropars.
LOCATION: Sr. Director, Global Head of Performance Marketing based in San Francisco, CA
Own and drive revenue & profitability for performance marketing driven ecommerce with defined ROI growth targets via high-intensity experimentation & portfolio management. As a senior leader of the team, you will:
- Hire and manage a large global team of subject matter experts to hit monthly, quarterly and annual revenue active buyers goals. Own the bottom line on all performance marketing program as a profit-generating channel for the business.
- Be fiercely competitive and engender a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity for how we continue to outperform the competition, and drive stakeholders in analytics and engineering to deliver the required data and tools to do our job effectively.
- Coach a high performing marketing team to grow and be empowered to partner with key business teams to achieve strategic goals globally
- Partner closely with the brand, product, business, and data teams to develop our cross-channel execution plan and investment strategies.
- Understand how changes in competition and the dynamic event landscape impact campaign performance and build scalable automated solutions to stay ahead of the trend.
- Respond to rapid changes in the event landscape and marketplace to gain potential performance opportunities for paid search
- Nimbly lead and measure performance across an evergreen portfolio of channels, but execute ad hoc strategic campaigns with separate goals and budgets as the landscape shifts
- Establish the innovation mindset and always-on experimentation (a/b tests) including creative, messaging, bidding and audience
- Work through automation, tagging, and data integrity issues with cross functional partners in Engineering and Analytics as they arise. Highlight technical pitfalls and become the driving strength behind building a reliable foundation of marketing tech and process that will scale effectively
- Work with engineering to deliver new features and enhancements to bidding models, rules, and automatic asset generation to improve StubHub’s toward financial targets
- Set clear important metrics and drive team culture of accountability and rigor towards business impact
- Identify trends and opportunities to drive higher performance and digital coverage. In addition, conducting regular audits to evolve and advance MarTech and creative assets.
- 15+ years of experience, delivering measurable value. Active/hands-on experience in Paid Search other key channels desired.
- Seasoned manager of high-performance digital marketing teams, with experience building collaborative and high-achieving teams and coaching/growing team members
- Deep understanding of performance marketing, KPIs, and analytics. A data-driven strategist who has led complex and large programs to grow CLV & active buyers while optimizing CAC
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with previous experience structuring and performing complex analysis in the digital marketing space to drive efficient grown
- Proven track record of leading subject matter experts to achieve step-change improvements while working collaboratively with team members from all levels; experience leading agile teams a plus
- Powerful communicator with ability to engage and influence senior management
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, intellectually curious with a continuous ability to adapt and learn
- Understanding of omni-channel audience planning and spend optimization and market dynamics driving cost and returns
- Familiarity with core performance marketing platforms, automated bidding tools and other marketing analytics tools, including any of: Google AdWords, Bing Ads, DoubleClick Suite, Adobe Analytics (aka Omniture) & broader Adobe Marketing Cloud, LiveRamp, SalesForce Marketing Cloud & Ad Studio
- Passion for live events - sports/concert/entertainment enthusiast a plus. Naturally customer centric.
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.