Sr. Machine Learning EngineerSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0036761 Division StubHub
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
At StubHub, we are:
Owners – We carry the ball. We act as one team, in it together. We live above the line as optimists and with a solution mindset. We are fully accountable for solving problems, both our own pieces and the whole.
Fan First – We are the fans’ biggest fan. We are the fan and the voice of our fans in everything we do.
Driven – We push past the finish line, aggressively prioritize and focus on what matters most. We debate, decide, commit and deliver.
Inventive – We play a new chord; we celebrate progress over perfection and learnings as much as success. We’re agile because there is always more than one way.
Courageous – We take big swings. We show up for challenges with resilience and persistence. We take risks, embrace failure as a path to learning, and speak up when we have a different opinion.
Diverse & Inclusive – We harmonize. We assume positive intent, trust and empower others; bring a global mindset and seek out alternative viewpoints.
We are seeking a creative Machine Learning Engineer with expertise in machine learning, statistical modeling, building software and bringing models to production to impact our business. As an ML Engineer, you will research, build and deploy models that will delight our fans by helping them buy and sell the best tickets for the right price.
Your work will have a direct impact on StubHub’s bottom line and on the efficiency of the markets on our platform. You will have access to rich market data from the world’s largest dynamically priced ticketing marketplace. You will work with scientists and economists to uncover hidden signals in the data and construct services that integrate with our platform. Your models will describe customer behavior, predict market trends, quantify risk and provide customers with informative tools that help them buy and sell tickets with ease.
Our Marketplace Intelligence Data Science team is a small team of outstanding scientists and engineers based in StubHub's San Francisco headquarters. We work closely with business and analytics teams to establish business goals, to incorporate existing insights into our algorithms, to uncover new opportunities for optimizing the business and to establish rigorous methods for gauging performance.
- Create algorithms that can effectively manage and price perishable inventory across multiple dynamic marketplaces.
- Lead the development of predictive services.
- Collaborate with teams throughout the business deploy your models effectively.
- Inspire your teammates with your knowledge of machine learning and your application of modern software development techniques.
- Use state of the art software tools in a distributed / cloud computing environment, particularly TensorFlow.
- Frame complicated problems in simple terms and enjoy clarifying sophisticated solutions.
- Bring a passion for discovery, problem solving and groundbreaking technology.
- Accomplished. Earned a graduate degree in Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field.
- Creative. Known for coming up with different ways of looking at problems and for investigating the latest advancements in the field.
- Technical. Familiar with modern machine learning techniques and passionate about embracing new tools.
- Knowledgeable. Have significant experience with machine learning, algorithms and software development.
- Motivated. Want to help customers build a cherished memory of an amazing live event.
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel StubHub is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
View our accessibility info
StubHub is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.