Sr. Portfolio Manager, Sports InventorySan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0036317 Division StubHub
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
At StubHub, we are:
Owners – We carry the ball. We act as one team, in it together. We live above the line as optimists and with a solution mindset. We are fully accountable for solving problems, both our own pieces and the whole.
Fan First – We are the fans’ biggest fan. We are the fan and the voice of our fans in everything we do.
Driven – We push past the finish line, aggressively prioritize and focus on what matters most. We debate, decide, commit and deliver.
Inventive – We play a new chord; we celebrate progress over perfection and learnings as much as success. We’re agile because there is always more than one way.
Courageous – We take big swings. We show up for challenges with resilience and persistence. We take risks, embrace failure as a path to learning, and speak up when we have a different opinion.
Diverse & Inclusive – We harmonize. We assume positive intent, trust and empower others; bring a global mindset and seek out alternative viewpoints.
The Senior Portfolio Manager, Sport Inventory role at StubHub presents an exciting opportunity for a professional portfolio manager or trader to take their career to the next level by joining the most exciting company at the intersection of Live Event Entertainment and E-commerce.
As a leader on the Managed Marketplace team, you will leverage your previous portfolio management experience directly, while also helping us enhance our proprietary technology. The Senior Portfolio Manager will lead a team in designing and implementing portfolio optimization strategies, tracking and analyzing marketplace data. The ideal candidate is a highly driven individual looking to apply their financial expertise and make an immediate impact at the forefront of the developing ticketing marketplace. You are a natural problem solver with exceptional analytical and quantitative skills. You are a strong performer with a passion for markets and a love for sports and music. You should not only have the financial acumen to successfully lead portfolio construction and risk management, but also have experience in contributing to the development of proprietary tools and strategies.
- Handle portfolios across multiple markets
- Develop and implement portfolio/risk management strategies
- Work closely with our data scientists to develop and enhance our algorithms and statistical models
- Help build quantitative tools to analyze portfolio exposures and risk-factors
- Prepare and transmit reports to key personnel and clients
- Analyze past performance and historical data in constant search for improvement
- Assist in the monitoring of the risk and overall volatility of client accounts
- 5+ years of experience managing portfolios of equities or derivatives at a hedge fund, bank, or proprietary trading firm (responsibility for PnL and risk)
- In-depth understanding of derivative pricing and asset valuation models
- Understanding of risk factors that drive portfolio performance
- Exceptional quantitative, logical reasoning, and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial self-starter ready to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Attentiveness and ability to react to changing priorities and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently while fostering external professional relationships
- Ability to thrive in a team environment, build rapport and influence peers
- Ability and desire to mentor more junior team members
- Passion for sports and live events
- BS/MS/PhD in quantitative field – Physics, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- Management experience is a plus
- MBA is a plus
- Working knowledge of Python, R, SQL is a plus
- Willingness to be flexible with hours and schedule is a plus
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.