User Research ManagerSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0035621 Division StubHub
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
At StubHub, we are:
Owners – We carry the ball. We act as one team, in it together. We live above the line as optimists and with a solution mindset. We are fully accountable for solving problems, both our own pieces and the whole.
Fan First – We are the fans’ biggest fan. We are the fan and the voice of our fans in everything we do.
Driven – We push past the finish line, aggressively prioritize and focus on what matters most. We debate, decide, commit and deliver.
Inventive – We play a new chord; we celebrate progress over perfection and learnings as much as success. We’re agile because there is always more than one way.
Courageous – We take big swings. We show up for challenges with resilience and persistence. We take risks, embrace failure as a path to learning, and speak up when we have a different opinion.
Diverse & Inclusive – We harmonize. We assume positive intent, trust and empower others; bring a global mindset and seek out alternative viewpoints.
User Research Manager Job Description
StubHub, the world’s largest marketplace for live event tickets, is looking for a User Research Manager to join our Product Design Group. Over 100 million people visit StubHub each year, and we’re looking for a driven leader to help shape the future of our native and web apps. The ideal candidate loves working with peers and leaders to mine for insights that drive elegant solutions to tough user-problems. This people-leader is a talent-magnet and a pro at driving and cultivating user research teams. The User Research Manager works within the Product group alongside Experience Design, Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and other core groups to ensure the User Research team is optimized to develop key insights to drive good user experience. The User Research Manager ensures that a hardworking group of User Researchers operate optimally in designing, planning and conducting user research across a spectrum of methodologies. This leader is a strong influencer and promoter within and outside the organization, as well as an external face of User Research representing StubHub.
- Device and curate a mixed-methods approach to gathering both generative and evaluative feedback on designs and concepts. Methods may include: in-lab and field studies, online surveys, usability tests, card sorting, moderated and un-moderated remote testing, participatory design, experience mapping, heuristic evaluations, in-depth user interviews, as well as partner interviews
- Lead a motivated and constantly learning team of researchers, providing guidance and mentorship along the way
- Manage budget, and ensuring a balanced bench of external vendors for specific needs
- Manage internal relationships with peers across the Org, from marketing, to Engineering and Customer Service
- Manage an efficient intake of work, execution and readout to ensure velocity and transparency across internal partners
- Monitor and ensure that insights are influential in final product and lead to always-improving user experience
Proven people leader with experience in all aspects of managing teams
- 6+ years of experience in applied user researching setting
- Advanced Degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Cognitive Science or related field
- Proven record of building and curating a User Research program, employing a range of methodologies depending on need
- Practical experience in deploying qualitative and quantitative research methods throughout the product development life cycle from conceptualization to launch
- Ability to solve complex problems, unlocking people to do good work
- Strong interpersonal skills, expert influencer and advocate for User Research
- International and eCommerce experience a plus
Are you interested in joining an ambitious and close-knit team dedicated to solving meaningful customer problems? Your work will have a significant impact on the business, and help spread the joy of concerts, theater, and sports around the world.
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.