VP/GM, North America at StubHubSan Francisco, California Apply Requisition Number R0032697 Division StubHub
Position: VP/GM, North America
ORGANIZATION: StubHub, www.stubhub.com (an eBay company NASDAQ: EBAY)
At StubHub, our mission is to bring the joy of live to fans globally. We’re the world's largest ticket marketplace, and we make sure that the events where you want to be are never sold out.
We connect fans with their favorite teams, shows and artists, and introduce them to the ones they’ll love next. As the largest ticket marketplace in the world, we enable fans to buy and sell tickets to tens of thousands of events, whenever they want, through our desktop and mobile experiences, including our StubHub app for iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Android.
Offering a premier fan experience at its core, StubHub reinvented the ticket resale market in 2000 and continues to lead it through innovation. Our business partners include more than 130 properties in MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS and NCAA. In May of 2016, StubHub expanded into more than 40 additional markets with the acquisition of Ticketbis.
Are you interested in joining a company that is dedicated to providing an extraordinary fan experience? Have you managed a full day-to-day P&L, with enormous impact in a multi-billion dollar marketplace? Do you have experience and passion for leading highly motivated, cross-functional teams that drive double-digit growth?
This is a unique opportunity to join StubHub as the VP, GM North America leader, reporting directly to Sukhinder Singh Cassidy, StubHub's President.
You will drive and contribute to our strategic vision of making StubHub the leading event ecosystem. You will be responsible for the majority of StubHub’s current portfolio, leading the North American marketplace for ticket sales and buyer and seller strategies, while developing new streams of revenue.
You will lead ticketing growth strategy through all channels, including:
- Customer experiences
- Merchandising and sales activities
- New and stronger channels for supply
- Sourcing and pricing
You are a champion of the customer, effectively driving continuous improvements to the buy/sell experience and positively impacting Buyer, Seller and Customer Service NPS
Your strategic scope will include:
- Sports Vertical – MLB, NCAA, NFL, NBA, NHL, All Other Sports
- Music & Theatre Vertical
- Canada growth strategy
- Supply Strategy - B2C and C2C, managed marketplace, distributed commerce
- Partnerships account management
- Revenue optimization
- Integrated marketing and merchandising execution
What You Bring:
You lead and execute on business objectives, rather than follow the competition. You have a strong background in market definition with deep expertise across strategy, sales, product, pricing, marketing and technology. You also have a very strong commercial acumen maintaining a keen focus on revenues, growth and profitability. You love combining strategic and analytical capabilities with a results-focused approach.
As a leader, you drive clarity and inspiration in direction and goals. We are looking for a force multiplier – someone who brings out the best in their team. When leading a team, you give them autonomy and mentoring to make the right decisions. You build an innovative test and learn culture, and craft an environment where opinions are heard.
You have deep e-commerce experience with a strong focus on merchandising and analytics, and meaningful experience in marketplace and supply/demand dynamics. You have extraordinary operational and management experience, with an entrepreneurial flair to uncover the next phases of opportunity for StubHub.
- P&L accountability for StubHub’s NA eCommerce business – drive overall revenue, profitability and market share growth.
- Develop, communicate and implement the growth strategy and operating plan, as well as establish financial forecasts and metrics to ensure alignment with overall business objectives.
- Drive and articulate StubHub’s positioning with key external strategic partners.
- Drive sales activities building long term strategic partnerships to successfully position StubHub as the leading sales channel for entertainment experiences.
- Ensure a strong customer focus and continue to drive NPS results.
- Team leadership; recruit, mentor and develop a premier, motivated and high performing team.
- E-Commerce, merchandising and marketplace experience in a leadership capacity. Sports/Music/Technology or Media experience is a plus.
- A minimum of 15 years of experience, in a P&L or general management role. Functional expertise in technology management (5+ years).
- Experience in shaping strategy; ability to spot previously unidentified business opportunities and frame strategic options for the business
- Proven experience in market entry and global expansion
- Experience Improving customer service metrics
- Executive scope, with demonstrated experience and success in managing and motivating teams.
- A global mindset and ability to work effectively across cultures and time zones
We love creating opportunities for others by connecting people from widely diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and geographies. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel eBay is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work. To learn about our Diversity & Inclusion click here: https://www.ebayinc.com/our-company/diversity-inclusion/.
View our accessibility info
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, and disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
For more information see:
Not ready to apply yet? Email this job to yourself
eBay Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or long term unemployment circumstances. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
Recently Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You have not viewed any jobs.